Current Positions Open

The Kingston Housing Authority is seeking applications for a full-time maintenance laborer. Resume’s and/or applications must be submitted by October 13, 2021. Resumes can also be mailed to 132 Rondout Drive, Kingston, New York 12401

POSITION SUMMARY: This position is for a full-time manual laborer. A person utilized in this class is responsible for performing custodial, grounds keeping and maintenance support tasks that require some special knowledge or skill which is usually acquired on the job. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a Maintenance Mechanic.

Must practice safety precautions and be safety conscious at all times.
Assists in inspection of properties;
Makes electrical, plumbing and heating repairs;
Assists in performing carpentry, painting, masonry, and roof work;
Mows lawns, shovels snow, removes garbage;
Performs general building and grounds cleaning tasks;
Performs a variety of other semi-skilled and unskilled work;
Performs semi-skills and unskilled repairs and maintenance on sewage treatment machinery, pumps, motors and lines as directed.


Working knowledge of rough carpentry, mechanical repair work, rough painting or other construction or maintenance trades, efficiency in the use of hand tools and machine tools; ability to perform semi-skilled manual tasks with constant supervision; ability to learn mechanical skills and methods; ability to follow instructions; willingness to perform routine manual work; willingness to perform routine manual work; ability to lift heavy weights; willingness to work under all weather conditions; physical endurance; physical condition commensurate with demands of the position; some knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment and methods commonly employed in the custodial care and cleaning of buildings, facilities and equipment; some knowledge of general grounds care procedures and maintenance; ability to perform tasks requiring moderately heavy manual work; ability to establish an effective working relationship with fellow employees.


Must have a valid NYS vehicle operator’s license.
Must be insurable by the Authority’s fleet insurance carrier.